Translate

19 Oct 2013

Bespoke Barcelona I: Rounded toe plain Oxford

I am a craftsman shoemaker and I make shoes completely by hand. I make “made to measure” shoes from Barcelona to all in the world who appreciate an inimitable handmade bespoke shoes, as an individual pair of high-quality shoes made by the oldest tradition of the craft way to make bespoke handmade shoes.
This is what I've been working during the 6 excitings weeks (October and November), on a made to order bespoke plain burgundy oxford:
I'm using an adapted asymmetric lasts to ensure the costumer feet anatomy form of their fully tailored measures. Uppers cut from the finest calf skins with a supple tannage provide a glove-like confort.
Every each of work can be appreciated in the fine stitch detailing of the uppers, hand lasting using nails or hand sewn welted.
Here it shows the shank and filling with cork, (breathable natural material), for comfort foot tread. And preparing the sole to be stitched hand sewing. Behing, hiding hand sewn into the cleft of sole, once retracts that to its origin
Step by step we approach the end of the assembly...
Preparing the leather sole and heel to be dyed...
Here I still making the finishing...
And here they are! I'm sure they have a piece of mine, and I've just done them with all my sense...I've been learning a lot thanks to my masters!
Thank you very much to follow my work.

1 comment: